Mental Health Clinical Trainee or Mental Health Professional – Full time opening at Hastings Juvenile Service Center
This position is full-time and located at the Hastings Juvenile Service Center, 1600 Hwy 55, Hastings, MN 55033. Employment status may be employee or independent contractor depending on whether the candidate is pre-licensure or licensed. This position offers the opportunity to become trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and be part of a DHS-certified DBT team. The candidate may be a mental health clinical trainee or a mental health professional.
A Mental Health Clinical Trainee:
- Is a graduate of a master’s program in a behavioral health related field who is working to accumulate licensure hours for one of the Minnesota Boards.
- Receives weekly supervision by a licensed mental health professional.
A Mental Health Professional:
- Is a licensed psychologist (Ph.D., Psy.D. or M.A.), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor in
the state of Minnesota.
- Complies with all requirements by respective licensing board to keeps professional license active and current.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to practice competently and ethically
- Motivation to continue personal and professional growth
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with other providers and support staff
- Awareness of one’s own strengths and limitations and the impact those on client care
- Sensitivity to individual differences and to the possible effects of multicultural issues
- Has a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Experience working with adolescents, preferred
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions
- Conduct and write diagnostic assessments
- Coordinate care with the juvenile services center and community corrections teams
- Provide trauma informed care and support to youth
- Design and implement treatment plans
- Document progress notes and other required documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide DBT skills training, crisis assistance and psychotherapy for clients
- Maintain confidentiality of client’s protected health information
- Provide regular updates by phone or email to key stakeholders in each case
- Participate in staff meetings, as needed
- Follow LDR policies and procedures
- Maintain clinical records in compliance with LDR policies and procedures, insurance carriers, Minnesota and Federal law and relevant ethical boards policies and regulatory standards
- Attend training seminars necessary to do the assigned position
- Cooperative with LDR billing and administrative support staff