Birth through Five (5) Program
The early stages of childhood are crucial to development, central for prevention of future psychopathology and critical period of attachment, attunement, development, and relationship building for humans. The importance of relationships between caregivers, children, and their communities is vital. Because we focus a structured and coordinated approach of supporting all aspects of the family system, we are implementing the following 3 models into our Birth to Five Program:
- ABC (Attachment Biobehavioral Catch-Up)- this intervention is available for infants between 6- and 24 months, as well as toddlers between 24 and 48 months. The benefits of ABC include assisting caregivers to re-interpret children’s behavioral signals and respond sensitively, enhancing children’s behavioral and regulatory capabilities, and fostering the development of secure attachments between children and their caregivers.
- CPP (Child Parent Psychotherapy) is an intervention model for children aged 0-5 who have experienced traumatic events and/or are experiencing mental health, attachment, and/or behavioral problems.The main goal of CPP is to support and strengthen the relationship of the child and parent/primary caregiver.
- PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy) is an evidence-based treatment model for young children with behavioral problems.PCIT is conducted through “coaching” parents during a session, preferably in the family’s home (natural environment), which the care giver and the child interact, and the therapist observes the interactions.
Birth- Five Funding:
- Birth to Five services are primarily funded by health insurance
- LDR offers private pay and hardship case options, on a case-by-case basis, for families who do not have insurance, as well as for families, with insurance, whose cost for therapy may be burdensome.
How to get started?
To learn more about the Birth – Five Program, please call LDR’s main line at 952-208-5198.
Birth to Age 5 Referral Form